Best Foods to Support a Healthy Skin and Coat
Your dog is your pride and joy, which means you probably want him to have a healthy skin and coat. Regular trips to the grooming salon and frequent baths can ensure that your dog smells wonderful and looks adorable. Yet, you may be able to go a step further. The right pet food can naturally improve the appearance of your dog’s coat.
The food you choose for your pet will have an impact on their skin and coat. You just have to know which food to choose in order to maximize the benefits!
Foods for a Healthy Skin and Coat
- Believe it or not, a diet with a little bit of fat in it will go a long way in improving the health of your dog’s skin and coat. However, not all fats are created equal. It’s important to choose a pet food with healthy fats. Wild salmon is filled with omega-3 fatty acids, which is an example of a healthy fats!
- It may be tempting to opt for a less expensive dog food. However, keep in mind that low-quality food may contain more filler products than actual nutritious ingredients. To ensure your pet is receiving all of the necessary nutrients for a healthy and shiny skin and coat, consider investing in a pet nutritional supplement like NuVet Plus.
- You can also provide your pet with various types of dog food and alternate the main protein. A dog who enjoys only chicken-based dog food will not get all of the essential fatty acids needed to have healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- If you’re making yourself some breakfast, don’t be afraid to scramble some eggs for Fido! Eggs are filled with high-quality protein and contain zinc, which is important for skin health.
- Check the ingredient list on the back of your dog’s food to see if Omega-6 is included. Omega-6 is an ingredient that can help boost the shine of your dog’s coat and give it that lustrous appearance you are hoping for.
- If you can, choose a high-quality food that provides your dog with a nutritious and balanced diet. A high-quality pet food will list a protein as the first ingredient — such as chicken, fish or beef. If the pet food you currently use lists a grain ingredient first, it may be time to consider a different option.
Supplementing Fido’s Diet
Choosing the right pet food is an easy way to help the appearance of your dog’s coat. You can make even greater strides in improving your dog’s appearance by adding a pet nutritional supplement to their diet. A high-quality nutritional supplement, such as NuVet Plus, can help fill in the nutritional gaps.
Many of the human-grade ingredients in NuVet Plus can help to improve the health of your dog’s skin, as well as the appearance of its coat. In addition, this supplement helps to boost your pet’s immune system. Find out more about how NuVet Plus can help improve your dog’s appearance and health by visiting http://nuvetonline.com/nuvetplus/ today.